2008 Intelligent key question

Hi, I have a 2008 Maxima and according to the dealer and the manual I should be able to stand by the trunk with the fob in my hand or pocket and press the button on the trunk lid to open it. The problem is that it will not open this way, not even a click. It will open using the switch in the vehicle or by using the button on the fob. And yes, the "cancel" switch in the glove box is in the correct position. In fact, I have tried it in both positions.

The interesting thing is that I seen a salesperson try to open the trunk on a 2007 Maxima by just pushing the button and it also did not work. He finally had to use the button on the fob to get it open.

Before I take this to a dealer does anyone know if this is a known problem or have any suggestions of what to try.

Cheers,

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

I have a 2007 Max with the intelligent key and I can open the trunk just by pressing the switch on the trunk if the fob is close. IOW, it works as advertises.

Reply to
Nobody

Is there a valet setting for the trunk lock?

Reply to
Gary

Yes, there is a "valet switch" but it is in the correct position. That was my first guess but as mentioned in my original post, I have tried it with the switch in both positions with no joy.

Don (who thinks it is just simply broke)

Gary wrote:

Reply to
IGot2P

Reply to
JimV

It may not actually be that important or necessary but I paid for it thus I expect it to work!

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Yea, but you get a fat fingered dealer mechanic in there and you may get a whole new set of issues. I've learned to keep them away from my cars to the extent possible.

Reply to
JimV

Yeah, I agree with you, many times they do more damage than good. That is why I was trying to get a "heads up" on them by asking here. Actually, I will probably never take it back to the dealer for this minor problem but may have a local independent shop look at it and just pay the price or just forget the whole deal and spend the money on beer. :-)

Don

Reply to
IGot2P