2k max suspension/cv joint boots

Fellow 2K Max owners...

suspension time for me.

I need new struts up front as well the CV joint boots, they're looking ready go. Not cracked yet, but why wait.

Keeping the factory ride is all I'm after. Dealer parts aren't cheap. Other supplier suggestions? Tips, suggestions welcomed.

- Mike in Memphis

Reply to
Mike Walsh

I've had good results with KYB struts from tirerack.com. If you just want to recover OEM ride, don't get the adjustable ones.

Reply to
E Meyer

It's unlikely that you "need" new struts unless you've got lots of miles on your car. If it survives the bounce test, then the struts are fine. My '91 with 182,000 miles is on the original struts, and they work perfectly.

Reply to
Bill G