92 MAxima transmision or CV problem? 145k

Hello, I just recently replaced the CV joint (whole passenger side half shaft)when I started to drive the car again it would not take off right away, very very slow acceleration!(the engine will rev up like crazy but the car will barely inch forward) if you stick with it long enough everything will kind of catch and you can get the car up to speed limits. in fact the speedometer will jump with the tachometer?

One reason I started thinkin about the transmission is because it seems that somewhere around third gear (automatic tranny)things arent so bad when you hit the gas above 40 or so miles per hour. the car will act more like normal. but the mph gauge will jump with the tach when I hit the gas? any guidance or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. someone said the CV half shaft may have been defective? does that sound right or even possible? thanks to all who reply,

Reply to
StevieRayStrat

Could have been the wrong one installed or might just be the tranny slipping.

Reply to
Steve T

The few people I have talked to so far, also seem to think it may be the wrong one installed or a defective part. I am still hoping that it is not a transmission problem. The store where I bought the part will have a new one for me on friday, after I switch it, ill up date you as to whether or not that took care of the problem. thank you for your response.

Reply to
StevieRayStrat