'96 Remote Failure

My wife's remote control stopped working. Thinking it might be the battery, I switched it with mine. (Should have tested mine remote first.)

Question: does changing the battery mean reprogramming?

Thanks in advance. Doug B

Reply to
Doug Burgess

Nope - changing the battery does not require reprogramming.

If your search these groups (alt.autos.nissan.maxima), you'll find reprogramming instructions. If changing the battery doesn't work, you can try to repogram the car's alarm system to accept the remote.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 122k
Reply to
njmodi

No. Just change the battery, instructions are in the owner's manual. Programming teaches the car to recognize the unique signal from that remote. Changing the battery in the remote does not alter its signal.

Reply to
E Meyer