99 Maxima Complete Power Shutdown

I was driving and I lost all power then the engine just died. The lights dimmed at first, then the radio shut off and then the car had problems accelerating (felt to me like the fuel injectors were disabled at that point) the car then jerked to a stop.

I have since replaced the alternator. Checked the wires inside the harness as well as near the battery... nothing is loose or broken (I think).

Tonight, I had the same problem. Dimmed lights, radio shuts off, dash board controls die and then the car sputtered to a stop.

PLEASE HELP.

Again, the vehicle in question is a 99 maxima GLE with about 77K miles. I hope that helps! Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions! :(

Philip

Reply to
pwentworth

If you haven't already done so, I'd sure check very carefully ALL GROUNDS.

It's not unusual to find the ground cable (negative) to the battery to be eaten almost copletely at the battery and poor or corroded connections at the other end aren't unusual.

Don't assume anything, check each cable connection in the electrical system, clean any connections that look at all questionable and tighten down well after cleaning.

I suppose that it's also possible that there's a fusible link that has become intermittent. They act like a one-time fuse to protect the electrical system if there's a short or heavy current draw.

You probably need to get somebody who KNOWS someth> I was driving and I lost all power then the engine just died. The lights

-- Address is NOT monitored due to SPAM volume from newsgroups. DO NOT REPLY to post directly.

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

Thank you very much for the advice. God knows I am not that person!

Reply to
pwentworth