Arizona 93 Maxima GXE got smacked -- NEED local autobody help * * * * * * * * *

I live in Gilbert Arizona. My car was damaged last week. I am checking my local autobody options. Soon I will be going to get a few repair estimates and get a baseline if in fact this poor car can be salvaged.

A little background -- I am the original owner, 112K miles, well cared for and uses ZERO oil, what it needs mechanically; brakes, timing belt change is due. Transmission IS GREAT! Passes emissions without a problem, extremely clean running.

Pic of car --

****what I need is: anyone know of a decent autobody shop that doesn't charge an arm-and-a-leg for repairs OR someone that does it on the side???****

Thanks bunches! Lynn

P.S. MY POOR CAR! :(

Reply to
Lynn

Looks like it's going to be an expensive repair.

Maybe if you want to use it as a commuter car you can get out the duct tape and some foam rubber and seal the passenger side door and continue to drive it. There's a Volvo I've seen in a neighborhood of 1.5 million dollar homes with the driver's side door treated the same way and apparently it's a daily driver!!! Any miles you put on it are money in your pocket and it'll probably continue to run for the next 50 or 100 thousand miles that way.

The windshiled may be another issue but if the frame isn't bent you could probably replace it at a low price if you have a glass shop that is willing to put in a junk yard pull good windshield.

Does AZ have vehicle > I live in Gilbert Arizona. My car was damaged last week. I am

Reply to
DO NOT REPLY to this ADDRESS

Reply to
Bitsbucket

Thanks everyone for the responses thus far. Surprisingly, the day the car was damaged we had a bad rain storm and on the way home, NO water leaked in through the doors. A pleasant surprise for sure! :) Just last May I cancelled my full coverage and keeping liability... Now it's my word against the other party!

Additional pic's:

I thought so at first too, but everyone keeps telling me that 2 doors and a fender are easy fixes.

That's funny, I also thought of using foam however duct tape wouldn't work here in the summers due to the high temperatures. I'd have to resort to some type of vinyl product. This car is a commuter car and errand runner.

Yes, my concern is the pillar possibly being bent but it's fixable with a experienced body man.

That's a good question. I have never needed to know until now!

Reply to
Lynn

P.S. I found a great national salvage yard site:

Lynn

Reply to
Bitsbucket