Bose HU Removal Instructions

Anyone know where I can find instructions on how to remove my Bose HU?

Thanks

Reply to
Dominique Feteau

What year Maxima?

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi
1998 Maxima SE
Reply to
Dominique Feteau

To pull out the radio, do this;

  1. The transmission console (PRNDL has a plastic covering around it that also covers the cigarette lighter. Remove by simply lifting it and un-attaching it. Lift towards the L in PRNDL or toward 2nd or 4th gear for a manual tranny. Removing this part will expose 2 of the bottom screws holding the Bose radio in place.

  1. For the 2 top screws you have to remove the center airvents/hazard/reardefogger/digital clock part. This part also clips in but it is a bit more tricky. You have to put a flat head screwdriver in between the openings just under the defogger and hazard buttons. To un-clip it, you pry with the screw driver, bending it upward, but the whole part your are holding you have to pull it downward. You do this to prevent the clips from breaking.

Once you have those 2 pieces off, all 4 screws will be exposed. Unscrew them and pull out the Bose radio.

CD

Reply to
Codifus