Green fluid under 01 SE

Last Wednesday I found an 8" diameter puddle of bright greenish fluid on my garage floor under the right front of my 01 Maxima SE (22,000 miles). At first, I thought it was coolant, but when I wiped it up, it was of an oily consistency. I checked under the car, and could see drips on the bottom of the A/C compressor (below the alternator). It hasn't leaked this much since, but there are still small drops under the compressor. The A/C still works OK, but could possibly be a bit cooler.

Since the car is still under warranty, I made an appointment with the dealer (a week's wait!) to have it checked out. So, I'm wondering if this is the compressor oil, and what possibly may be the problem; also what the fix may include. I'd like to be armed with more information when I go to the dealer this coming Wednesday. TIA

Dennis

Reply to
Colonel R. S.

Check your power steering fluid... is that green?

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

Reply to
ronm

Hmmm , I wonder what it could be ???

Any more "guesses" ???

:-Þ

Reply to
NissTech

I'd guess it's either grog or cream d'mint. But, he'd have to be drinking too much first, then run over the bottle.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

awwwwww, C'mon guy's , y'all can do better that this.

Reply to
NissTech

What, do you expect to point out _where_ this coolant leak is coming from?

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I just returned from the dealer; the problem was diagnosed as a leaking high pressure line from the A/C compressor; the fluid was refrigerant oil (bright yellowish green). They had to order parts; the repair under warranty is scheduled for a week from tomorrow.

Original posting:

[...]

On a label under my hood, Compressor Lubricant is named as "NISSAN UV Luminous Oil Type S (KLHOO-PAGSO)"

Dennis

Reply to
Colonel R. S.

The bright green is a fluoro (day-glo) tracer material, to make it easy to see leaks. (luminescent). Usually brighter than antifreeze. Lucky you are under warranty. Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded

leaking high

********************************************************************** *******

fluid on my

miles). At

works OK, but

Reply to
BeeP

Here's a hint. It's not coolant.

Reply to
Steve Manifold

So it isn't. It's sad that Nisstech thinks he's cute by acting like the group instructor. You related?

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

Thanks for the compliment.