junkyards......

does anyone know of any "maxima heaven" is what i would call it, in and around the dallas/ft.worth area that would be good for some misc. parts? it would be a great deal of help. thanks

Reply to
luckyjames13

Check out down on Jefferson Ave in Grand Prairie. There are a couple of Japanese and Import specialty salvage yards in that area. While you're there, find me a cruise control computer for my 90 GXE!!!

Chris

Reply to
ChrisH.

If anybody does know of a junkyard fitting this description they probably won't tell where it is. I've yet to see a single Maxima in any junkyard in this area, nor have any "parts" Maximas shown up in newspaper listings. They just seem to keep going (they'd even outrun the Energizer bunny). Heck, a friend of ours bought a 93 a few years back that desperately needed a driver's side door. After 6 months he FINALLY found a maroon one to go on his black car. He took the trunk lid too, since it had the spoiler attached. "MIXMAX" was born. The only reason he ran across these parts was a car some old lady was selling for real cheap. it still ran, he just liked the black one better (sunroof, BOSE etc).

My husband worked for a wrecker service and towed in a 95 that was the same color as mine (Graphite Pearl Metallic- very hard to find around here). This guy had left the road doing close to 90 MPH and took out a barbed-wire fence before meeting (and snapping) a telephone pole. The pole was stuck on the car, ended up bring a piece of the pole with the car. Thinking for sure this car was going to be totalled, I drooled over the possibility of replacing my less than perfect passenger door (has a slight fold from a dude on a bicycle slamming into it), and gaining a spoiler. We were prepared to pay the salvage if need be, but we wanted those parts! Weeks passed and every day we checked on the car. still there. Finally the call comes from the insurance company. They wanted the car delivered to a local shop, instead of the salvage yard. UGH! So much for my chance at buying the parts car. Take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!

Reply to
TeamZebra

I have not looked for maxima parts in years, but there is a Nissan heaven in south east fort worth (Kennedale), and Apple import in the same area.

Gary K

Reply to
gary