Oil pressure switch - problem with install?

Hi

97 SE with 73k on it. Really getting to leaking a bit around the switch so I replaced it today. Used teflon tape (about 1 1/2 turns the correct way). Problem is that it doesn't seem to want to snug down.. Seems like I've turned it more than enough to seat the unit down and don't want to keep going for fear of stripping the threads on the engine part...

I used a 1 1/16 with a half inch ratched. Used only one hand to do the tightening, but it just doesn't feel "right".

No leaks *yet* that I saw, but can I hear from anyone else who has done this and their comments?

thanks Marc

Reply to
Marc

If it is not leaking stop tighting.

Reply to
Dave Kind

It's pipe threads, they don't "seat". You only need to snug them down.

Reply to
Steve