Service Manual for 1996 Nissan Maxima GXE

Guys/Gals

Greetings

I am in search of a service manual for 1996 Nissan Maxima GXE

Also would like to know what unit is required to check the codes for the engine light.

thanks Hatim

Reply to
hatim007

Check eBay. There was a guy on there not too long ago selling the CD version of the FSM for under $20. I got one for my '96 I30 and can attest it is the real thing.

The easiest way to check the codes is a visit to your local AutoZone. They will read them for free on OBD-II cars.

If you want to read it out yourself, take a look at the forum on Maxima.org. These links are in the sticky thread about ECU fault diagnosis on the 4th gen Max:

How to get the code:

What the code means:
There are more detailed definitions of the codes and what they mean in this thread:

E. Meyer

I was thinking about post this, it's a very useful information. Thanks (i didn't ask for it but I was about to do it)

Reply to
fenix_jn

Are these codes valid for a '92 Maxima SE??

Reply to
fenix_jn

Probably not. Try these:

E. Meyer