Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

maxima 89 and 90 model differences
I am getting a service manual on CD for a maxima 90-94 year model. I have a 89 year model - I am hoping that the manual will help me and the model did not change much between 89 and 90. Any comments?
1
1

for sale 2000 Nissan Maxima SE 80 kmiles $8,250
80,500 miles Green sedan on tan interior 6 Cylinders Automatic, 4 door, FWD A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Leather Interior, Power Seats, Airbag:...
4
4

Go Figure 95 Maxima SE
Had my altenator rebuilt about 4 mths ago. Then 2 mths after that, I broked down.......lights went, radio went, no heater, no nothing.......put my booster pack on and managed to make it home. I then...
2
2

97 maxima SE instrument cluster lights are out
Hi guys, I just purchased a 97 maxima SE and am having two issues with it: 1) the instrument cluster lights won't come on... would any of you by any chance know where i could start troubleshooting?...
1
1

2001 Maxima acceleration hesitation
I have a 2001 Maxima SE automatic and am experiencing the following problem. When I "floor" it to get on a freeway or when I am passing someone, there is about a 2 second hesitation, then the engine...
2
2

fuel pump relay for 89 maxima
I do not know where the fuel pump relay is located for a 89 maxima. I want to replace it because I was told that a bad relay may be the cause of a intermittent engine bucking and misfiring.
3
3

P1320 and my 2001 Maxima
Hello, just a short message for folks that own one of the fine cars and endure that nasty code noone know about and doent clear out with obtII tool. Mine has been acting up for close to a year, i...

Maxima 2000: can new muffler cut MPG by 3-4??
A couple months ago, my 2000 Maxima with 68,000 miles start making terrible clunking noises from the muffler area. My head wasn't on straight that day and I took it over to Meineke. A pipe was rusted...
17
17

cig. lighter not working in maxima
I use the cig lighter to charge only my cellphone. It has never used other than that..........was working, now all of a sudden it is not working.........check one fuse a 15a, and it is good. Any other...
5
5

brake/battery indicator lights
Hello all and thanks in advance for any help you can give me! I have a 99 maxima with just over 66K. I recently started having some issues. For a few weeks prior this issue, the engine was cranking...
2
2

2000 Nissan Maxima Climate Control
Fan noise when on A/C is on (sounds like a ticking). Noise is louder and more intense with fan at higher speeds. I have been told by mechanics that it is caused by something in the fan housing like a...
3
3

1999 Maxima,OBD-2 CODE, P0430,CAT EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD
1999 maxima shows p0430 code is there anything I should or could do before replacing the catylitic converter? Is there a Nissan tech here who could tell me if this solved the problem the nissan tech...
1
1

Steering Wheel Vibration
I recently had brake work on my 2000 Nissan Maxima. I thought I noticed a little steering wheel vibration, particularly at low speed. I had also had a front end alignment some months earlier. Is it...
2
2

'93 Maxima Fuel Injector 16600-7E006 - are these green mark or yellow?
I need to replace my fuel injectors again. I can see from an old receipt the dealer used 16600-7E006 injectors, but all the aftermarket stuff is classified by color. Does anyone here know what color...
3
3

Drive Cycles to Clear ECM Monitors? Am I the Only One?
I'm having difficulty finding anyone that knows about this...evidently this Nissan has hard to clear monitors. Had a dead knock sensor in our 96 GXE (VQ30DE) so I replaced it then reset the ECM. Just...
18
18