Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dripping Injector floods engine now won't idle.
Our 99 Nissan Maxima had a severe injector o-rings leak on two injectors on a 6 cylinder engine while idling for two minutes. There was also a bottle of engine flush put in the oil pan. It flooded the...
6
6

2000 Maxima Bose radio, no power to unit at all
Hello, A few days ago, the BOSE unit in my 2000 Maxima started powering down, unable to power on. It would then come on after a few minutes, but now it's completely dead (or so it seems). The funny...
5
5

mpg
Wife drives a '99 GLE a/t v6. Avg mpg 20 to 21 hwy . Plugs & filter changed recently. Has 140k miles. No leadfoot here. Anyway to improve milage?
2
2

2000 Maxima SE Key FOB
The key FOB will lock the doors but will not open them. I replaced the battery in the FOB, but the result was the same. Is the problem with the FOB itself in that when I press the 'open' pad on the...
1
1

How long will my '98 Maxima last?
Juts wanted to get the groups' experience on how long a typical '95 to '99 Maxima lasts. My car: 98 SE; 5 spd. 160,000 miles. Every little problem that's cropped up over the years has been addressed -...
2
2

87 Max - noise from dashboard
What are the possible parts (relays) in the dashboard that can and do make clicking sounds when the car is parked and idling? I hear the same clicking when driving slowly. When driving faster than 20...
2
2

87 MAX-A/C Blower Motor and debris
My 87 MAXIMA is making strange noises which come from the A/C vents on the dashboard. Noise occurs only when I drive the car faster than 20 mph. Noise occurs when A/C and heater are all off. Sounds...
1
1

power windows, locks, seats do not work
Hello, I have a 2000 Maxima. last week the power windows, locks & driver side power seat adjusters stopped working. I found a blown 40Amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. I replaced it and it blew...
6
6

Warning lights . . . Any thoughts??
1991 Maxima se. 150K I just had both the brake and the charging system warning lights on the dash come on at the same time (and stay on). Brake fluid level & pedal pressure are fine. All drive belts...
2
2

Nissan Matic D ATF = Dexron III?
I decide to replace the ATF for the first time on my 2002 Maxima and went to a local Nissan dealer to buy some Matic D ATF as specified in the service manual. The parts guy said he was out of the...
1
1

Electric Cars to Invade Cyberspace via EV.com!
has been privately held since the early days of the internet and is for the first time seeking investment partners and offering co- ownership development rights for those businesses and individuals...

FS: Bose CN518 and four amplified speakers pulled from '99 Max GLE
I'm selling this on eBay. The headunit and four speakers are used but were well taken care of and were carefully removed from my car.

FMECA of timing belt, timing gear and timing chain
may i know where can i find the failure effect and risk priority number (RPN) for these timing?

Maxima SE Error Codes - P0455 and P1448
Any one familiar with this - How to determine if is value or canister or ??? by DIY? thanks 2002 Maxima SE, automatic, error codes - P0455 - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross...
1
1

MIXTURE RATIO PROBLEM
1991 MAXIMA When cold, and I start it up, it runs really rough, RPM drops to about 500, and it stalls. When it warms up, it runs better when idling. I put a jumper across pin 29 on ECU (oxygen sensor)...
2
2