106 front discs

I am trying to fit new front discs to my 106, does anyone know do I need a special kind of socket to undo the caliper ? Have tried ordinary sockets but dont fit, weid kind of head on bolt. Or is there another way to fit them.

Reply to
frendy via CarKB.com

How old is your 106? I did the job on a 1995 1.5D without removing the caliper, the disk slid out without fouling on it. A dead easy job, only took about an hour all-in and I'm no mechanic :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

You shouldn't need to remove the caliper, just the pads then the disc should slide out.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The callipers have pentagonal nuts on them rather than hexagonal. It caught me out when I tried to remove them once.

Reply to
Malc

Cheers Matt

Reply to