106 zest immobiliser problem

My sons zest wont start ... The immobiliser is the passive type on the ignition barrel .. Can these be reset ?? or taken out .. I am fitting an alarm and the immobiliser has had an epi ... Any hints on what to check would be very helpful...all I did was pull the sheath off the ignition barrell ... Would be good to resolve this ....

Reply to
amputee

Sorted ,,, it was the coil in the sheath .. the cover came off and I put it back on in a hurry .a wire had broken .. hamfisted ness the problem..

Reply to
Dave via CarKB.com