306 electric window

on my 306 passenger side electric window my window will only operate down and not up, i have checked the relays/fuses, and i can only operate it down on the passenger side,i get nothing on the drivers side,i have bought a brand new switch and this is still not rectifying the problem, and i know there is power going to it as when i have been fiddleing about with it and got it down i can use a couple of bits of wire and get the window to go up. any ideas short of getting it into a garage and have them fix it? many thanks for any comments

Reply to
bustergroove383

"bustergroove383" schreef in bericht news:607da9cbaa25c@uwe...

One of the common failures of the 306. Windowmechanism must be renewed. Costs abt 200 euro

Reply to
Joop!

It happens that Joop! formulated :

I'd disagree with that, given that he can operate the mechanism with some wire...

I reckon it's a door-loom fracture.

Now *that* is one of the most common 306 faults!

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

Reply to
bustergroove383 via CarKB.com

It's almost certainly the passenger-side door loom, as I suggested earlier.

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher