306 estate - 1.4l engine

Anyone got one of these? I'm after a 306 estate, but I'd like to be able to go up hills fully loaded and I'm not sure about the 1.4 for that.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Don't know about the 1.4, but I have a 1.9TD Meridian Estate which goes up hills fully loaded very well indeed. By fully loaded I mean two offspring of student age with all of their luggage, clothes, computers etc.

Peter

Reply to
Eccles

We've got a 1.4l 306 non-estate and I find it fine going up hills with 3 adults and 1 small kid. Depends on your definition of a hill though ;) Obviously the estate will be heavier, especially when loaded.

The 1.4l isn't terribly powerful, but I've not had any problems with it. Then again, I've never driven anything larger to compare it to!

David Hearn

Thanks Peter, that's what I want (to replace my ZX estate 1.9TD), but I've seen a 1.4 at a decent price, so I have to think about it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

I've got a 1.3 306 meridian hatch and a citroen zx 1.9td estate. The

306 is lighter, but dartmoor hills are trivial in the citroen compared to the 306.

Thanks David

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges