306 rear hub nuts

hi im about to check the rear brakes on my 98reg 306 hatch can anyone tell me the correct torque setting for the hub nuts haynes book of lies has gone walkabouts after a house move ;(  Thanks

Reply to
Mark
90-120 lbs sounds about right to me .or its a case of tight till it cant g= o any more

--=20 Chris

Reply to
Chris

Haynes gives 185 Nm / 136 lbf ft for vans and models with Bendix brakes and ABS, 200 Nm / 148 lbf ft for all others.

My 98/99 306 has the drums separate from the hubs.

Peter

Reply to
Eccles

Ah thanks, after much googling i did find 136lb/ft mentioned so that seems correct, now all i need to find out is if i have Bendix or ATE brakes.

Reply to
Mark

I took the wheel and dustcap off last night to check the size of the nut (32mm) and noticed it has a nut and circlip

do you just need to remove the nut to get the drum off, does the circlip just hold the bearings in.

Reply to
Mark