4030 cassette player says 'security' cannot put code in

I was trying to enter the code wrong, I can't remember how many times I tried to put the code in - two or 3?

Now it just says 'security' - any ideas?

I've tried leaving it on overnight - still can't put the code in - is it 'locked' if so is my best bet to bin it?

Reply to
405 TD Estate

I've just had a look in my owners manual. It says the waiting time is doubled for each wrong entry up to a maximum of 32 minutes. Switching it off has no effect on the waiting time. When the waiting time has elapsed it should say CODE. So I guess something a bit more serious has happened. No doubt someone who knows better will be along in a short while.

Reply to
malc

The Stereo in now in a Vauxhall Astra but I can't see that that would have any bearing?

Originally the always positive and the switched positive feed to the stereo were the wrong way round - I've changed them now (the stereo can only be used with ignition in position 2 now) which I believe is correct.

However I just tried leaving the stereo off last night (now that it has the correct positive feed) and switched it on with the ignition on 2 but still no joy....

I assume the stereo should be on with the ignition on for 32 minutes ?

Hmmm

Reply to
405 TD Estate