radio security code entry

re: saab 900se 1997

after changing the battery, a simple enough task to re-enter the security code for the radio, which came with the car....or not as the case maybe.

Once prompted by the 'Code In' message, I enter the 4 digit code.... fine. But the nothing happens, the code is still there on the screen, but the radio doesn't seem to want to do anything with it! I also don't appear to be able to 'hold down the BAND button for 5 seconds, to clear the screen and be given the chance to enter it again. Even if I did I am not sure what else I would do different to that above.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance. A

Reply to
Andy

Its probably the wrong code, Pressing band for more than 5 seconds will clear the incorrect code, If you get it wrong three times in succsession you have to leave the set switched on for an hour before you get one more try and so on. If you do not have the right code e-mail your chassis no, reg no, and if poss the numbers off the set itself, just in case it has been changed. Regards Tom.

Reply to
Saabtech

you must leave radio on for 60 minutes with car on before you can put in code ( this is if you put 3 wrong codes in the radio in a row)

Reply to
Mark Plumlee

cheers. I saved time by just pulling the batter off line.

One thing the manual doesn't tell you is that the radio must be switched off AFTER you reconnect the battery. You then turn the unit on and enter the code. If you connect the battery and the radio is already in the 'on' position and try and enter a code, it will not accept it for some strange reason.

Reply to
Andy