stereo security code

after changing the battery, a simple enough task to re-enter the security code for the radio, which came with the car....or not as the case maybe.

Once prompted by the 'Code In' message, I enter the 4 digit code.... fine. But the nothing happens, the code is still there on the screen, but the radio doesn't seem to want to do anything with it! I also don't appear to be able to 'hold down the BAND button for 5 seconds, to clear the screen and be given the chance to enter it again. Even if I did I am not sure what else I would do different to that above.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance. A Laters, Andy

Reply to
Andy