406 clock

Hi can someone please tell me how to get the digital clock out of my 406 to change the bulb. I presume there is a bulb behind it as the display is very dim!!

Regards, Neil

Reply to
Barno

It's just a matter of getting a little screwdriver in the edge and going for it, ie lever the clock out. You'll find the bulb is a special. Pug dealer should have one (for a price)

jim.

Reply to
jim.

Thanks for that I thought that would be the case but I wanted to make sure before I broke it trying.

Reply to
Barno

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

I've seen very similar bulbs fit to a VDO (from memory) speed recorder, which were really specific parts - you just can't remove the plastic holder without destroying the bulb. Possibly not the case here, I just wrote it in case it would be of any information for someone, someday.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"Chris" TOP POSTED in news:1TH0d.1276$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...

My message wasn't meant, and in fact didn't say that these bulbs were some kind of Peugeot-only part. Simply that the most likely place to get them would be a pug dealer. I do know from experience with them that they are quite unusual and the ones my local garage thought would do, ended up breaking the socket forcing me to get the soldering iron on the job. As you, I have no idea if this is the same bulb as the one behind the aircon or radio display.

jim.

Reply to
jim.

Those bulbs are a standard "Glass with bent legs" type and readily available at car garages like Halfords :) they cost about £1.40 each, a rip off for how big they actually are lol best off taking one in next time and say politle, may i have one of these please because the last one you sold me was too big and broke my holder O.o :)

Reply to
PugLover

Reply to
John Hollinshead

I think that's the theory my local garage went with too. If you're sure that's the case, it musta been down to ham fists.. :-( The one they fitted looked similar but not identical to the origional.. You can always solder to the wires though, piece of piss

jim.

Reply to
jim.

Done a few of these and have advised in a previous query.Just lever out the front with a broad flat tipped screw driver,use a cloth protector or you will damage facia. Can i suggst you do a Google search in future for these or other queries before sending it in [and I mean all of us] it saves time as I am repeating earlier answers.Any problems get back.Regards

Reply to
Harry Hotspur

Sorry. but I did a search and got no replies, sorry for wasting your time but I already had the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Barno

Come on........I just searched, under Google, for 406 clock light and got 16 hits. Try it.

Reply to
ken kerrison

"> Can i suggst you do a Google search in future for

Yes, a Google search is preferred and I do that before making a new post but sometimes new info is added etc.to a new post which makes it worthwhile for the op, and other people who may have the same problem.

I do get your point about repetitive info but a google search can provide an inordinate amount of threads to look at and some go off topic - like your post and mine - right from the start.

Also, it would be really fantastic if posters included just the relevant piece of the topic and we all do not have to wade through mountains of garage to get to the reply.

Rant over

Reply to
sid

You didn't waste my time,just trying to help with advice,others may benifit.

Reply to
Harry Hotspur