Brake light problem on Peugeot 106

Any ideas? I have an R reg 106. I recently replaced the offside brake light bulb. Lights seem to work fine when the car is standing still and when the side lights are off - but when the side lights are on and moving the brake lights often stay on after I have used the brakes - but get even brighter when I put the brakes on. It seems odd............. No corrosion on the lighting circuit board - and all cables seem to be perfect. Any help much appreciated.

Reply to
keithcparry

Does the car have double filament stop/tail bulbs. If so, you probably have a short in one of them causing current to flow between the filaments. Not uncommon, see earlier thread "206Gti engine keeps runing without key".

Reply to
Keith Willcocks