help with car stereo

Hi, I recently installed another CD player as the original in my 406 was not working(the CD reader was broken and then for some reason I was not able to get any radio reception, so I bought another stereo). The new stereo came with the adaptor for the connections and I have no problem connecting. I still cannot get any radio reception. I have made sure that the antenna lead is connected properly. Can someone tell me if there is another lead needed or will I need to replace the whole antenna lead(hope not!!!)

Billy

Reply to
Billy Mughal

what model 406 later models had to be configured to the sytem by dealer

Reply to
Mindwipe

Have you provided power to the amplifier in the aerial base? The original radio does this through the connectors at the back, but a replacement might be different configuration.

Reply to
Brian