Mystery Switch

I have a 406 2.0 turbo exec, on the drivers side near the drivers knee there is a button that looks like it has a picture of a sensor or radar on it. Could anyone please tell me what it does if indeed anything. Thanks.

Reply to
sc2006

I think it knocks out the sonic sensors when the alarm is activated with windows or sun roof open, ?? It explains it better in the handbook,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.

"Fitzy." wrote in news:PoCdnfRft snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

As Fitzy says, I think that's the switch for arming the car but with a dog in it. ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

I happen to have a manual to hand and it looks like the interior protection switch (IPS) for the alarm.

If you open the doors with the key and not the remote the alarm will sound. You have 10 seconds to switch on the ignition and immediately press the IPS.

If you just want exterior protection. Switch off ignition, press IPS until the lamp comes on continuously. Leave the car and lock with the remote.

If you want to disconnect the battery. Switch of ignition. Within ten seconds press IPS for 2 seconds continously. Then disconnect battery.

-- Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey." "Underbirths are og"

Les Barker - Irrational Neutscene

Reply to
malc

It is definately for the interior sensors to be switched on and off for pets and open windows etc. On my 1998 model of the same car it is also used for re-programming my coded keys.

If my keys have the buttons pressed so many times out of range of the car they lose their memory. A certain procedure involving this button re-programms the key.

The manual does not tell you about this I found out from the dealership when my key stopped working!

Reply to
Conzo

Many thanks to all.

Reply to
sc2006

Mmmmmm, useful info here, do you know the procedure ? Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.

Only useful on certain models I think the ones without the key pad immobiliser. Turn key to whitch on ignition ( all lighs on dash without starting) hold in secret button for about 5 secs then press main keyfb button notdeadlock botton) then turn off ignition. Lock doors then open doors. Hey presto key fob is re-programmed.

(Don't tell anyone)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Conzo

Cheers Conzo, Fitzy