Peugeot 306, relay for indicators randomly clicking

The relay (in fusebox under steering wheel)that controls the Left and right Indicators randomly clicks. This does effect the normal function of the Indicators and when it is randomly clicking. I have tried to isolate the fault. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Reply to
flingdip

Dodgy indicator switch.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I put wd40 on the actual indicator switch, spray loads of it were it connects into the steering wheel. Move the rubber seal out of the way first. Then just push the switch about to work it in. After about a week mine was fine. It is just the contacts that are worn.

Saves geting a new switch !!

Reply to
Mark

I had this happen to me about a month ago and I just madly wiggled the stalk until it stopped. It did it a few more times and after more frantic wiggling it hasn't come back.

I suppose a squirt of wd40 would flush out the worn metal pieces causing the short across the contacts and solve the problem without your car looking like a mobile disco. :o)

Konichiwa

Reply to
konichiwa