Relief - 807

That's it - the 807 has gone. Peugeot bought it back from us, after over three years of abysmal reliability, too many faults to count (over 40 now!), incompetent repair attempts and a general thread throughout that Peugeot thought I was being unreasonable in expecting a £23K car to work as advertised, for at least a short period during the first three years of its life.

I've been a Peugeot owner for fifteen years, usually having two on my drive, but never again. Our other car (also Pug, bought brand new) was changed almost two years ago for a non-Pug, getting rid of the 807 finally cuts my ties with a company that is now characterised by incompetence and complete disregard for the customer.

It really is a shame - the 106/205/306/405 era cars were bomb-proof, reliable, handled great and were fun to own. If you own one of those, I'm sure you're enjoying it just as much as I did mine. Just resist the temptation to "upgrade" to one of the newer models...

Matt

Matthew Haigh

I'm about to get rid of my 307 for much the same reasons. The clincher was that the outside edge of the cushion on the driver's seat back has collapsed. The car is 4 years and 4 months old and Peugeot say that it's not their problem to deal with.

I've had to resort to trying to get the the garage from which I bought the car to fix it under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 provision about "durability". I sort of feel guilty doing this as the car has never been back to that garage since the day I bought it. I've always had it serviced at a more local Peugeot dealer.

I'm having a test drive of Skoda Octavia next week.

Raymond

Reply to
Raymond Dalgleish

Peugeot did replace our seat squab - for exactly the same reason. Ours had collapsed in under two years (it was showing signs of wear after 1 year/15K miles, by 18 months it was bad, we complained at 2 years).

Good luck. We pick up our Grand Voyager tomorrow - maybe it doesn't have the same level of gadgetry as the Pug, but the heavier engineering should make it more robust (fingers crossed - it can't be any worse!).

Matt

Reply to
none