xenon

Is it possible to upgrade the headlights of a 307 to xenon ? Any kits which are legal ?

Nicholai

Reply to
Nicholai

Hi Nicholai,

You dont say which country you are in.

Here in the UK it is not possible to do a LEGAL upgrade to Xenon which would pass the annual MOT (TuV etc) test.

However have a look at

who do offer upgrade kits. I have used them before for spare bulbs (way cheaper than main dealer) and found them to be very helpful.

BTW in the UK as well as Xenon lamps, to pass MOT you also require automatic leveling of the headlight assemblies as well as headlamp washers. Not something that is easy to fit (except maybe the washers as there is a headlamp wash included with certain models)

HTH

John (307 HDi)

Reply to
John West Berks

Hi John

I am from DK

Thx for your answer, I know there are simlilar "problems" in DK regarding "MOT" or "syn" (danish). So I would have to replace them to normal halgoen every 2 years ;-)

Is it difficult to replace ?

Regards

Nicholai

" John West Berks" skrev i en meddelelse news:41291f99$0$20243$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Nicholai

Hi,

Same here. Hi-pressure washer is required (not a washer with a little wiper, like on old Volvos for example). And a xenon bulb "controller" is required, as long as they are discharge lamps, which run with high voltage & also need a thermal control.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T