93 Grand Am - Where's this wire go?

I have a 93 Grand Am with the 2.3 SOHC engine and have a mystery connector in the engine compartment. The connector is located behind the PS pump (looking from front of car) and it's Red plastic with a White and a Brown wire going into it. It's bundled together with the Oil Pressure Switch connector and I don't see anything to connect it to. Is this for some sort of option like Cruise Control that I don't have or is there somewhere it's supposed to be connected??

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

The only thing I can think of is the A/C. On newer GM's, there's a sensor in the power steering pump which tells the computer to shut down the AC pump if you're laboring the pump at low speeds. This is to prevent stalling, or near-stalling.

No idea where this connector is in your car, though.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Most likely this wire is for something that you`re car isn`t equipped with. In a lot of cases the factory uses the same wiring harness for different applications. Does this wire look like its ever been plugged into anything?

Reply to
Philip Wagner