94 pontiac bonneville-spindle nut size?

My neighbor has a 94 pontiac bonneville... The front right wheel bearing is starting to go... You cant simply buy just the bearing, only the whole hub assembly... Im just gonna take it apart, and see if its saveable... But I dont have the right size tool to take off the spindle nut.... Does anyone know what size it is? Is there anything else I have to buy? Crush nut?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
zoom68

I believe it's 36 mm. Plan on buying the hub and bearing assembly. That should be all you'll need.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I think the spindle nut was a 33mm socket for my 91.

Be preparred to be mad when you discover the wheel bearing hub is non- disassemblable.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,033 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

The bearing won't come apart. Well, not and be reusable again. I recommend putting on a new grease seal. The hub should come with both nut and seal. The nut on my Grand Am is 30 mm. YOurs is probably bigger. Make a "caliper" out of a paper clip and then measure it. It works.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=