98 bonniville won't turn over

I drove my car to work andparked it and 2-3 hours later it wouldn't turn over. It acts like it is going to but doesn't. I continued and I thought I had flooded it. Cables on battery are ok, could it be start or perhaps the fuel pump am at wits end. I can I trouble shoot to weed out any other problems. Any help is appreciated

Reply to
dca52

Have you tried jumping the battery?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

No I haven't I going to try it. Others told that they felt it was the starter or perhaps the silenoid( sorry for the misspell) but I was thinking that it would be making a clink..clink sound not like there is not enough energy to completly turn over Thank you Silver surfer for your help thanks Lady D

Reply to
dca52