Almost Hit By A US Postal Truck Today !!

Driving through a suburban sidestreet, heading north at about 33mph , I'm driving through a T - intersection when mini mail truck ( to my right ) wheels a right turn going like hell, as I'm aready past the center point of the intersection.

I lay on the horn for about 12 seconds and swerve over to the curb on the left to avoid hitting the mail truck. Luckily nobdy was coming toward me and there was no parked cars along the curb.

The idiot parks the mail truck 8 feet past the corner against the right curb. About three houses past the corner, I finally bring the car to a halt on the left side of the street and park it.

Residence that are outside are " looking ", in my direction.

I get out of the car and figure I'd give this guy ( gal ) an earful for almost hitting me. As I begin to walk toward the corner the mail truck cracks a U -turn as I get even with the rear bumper of my car and heads south at a high rate of speed.

Be Safe & have a good holiday.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Harry, Don't go Postal on us Brother! :) Did you get a plate number, or truck ID? Report it to the Postmaster there in your town.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

I live 3 houses from a busy street and intersection. My husband gets off bus yesterday, walks up the street to the pedestrian controlled crosswalk and pushes the button so he can cross. Light changes green for him and he starts to cross. A bimbo in a mazda van speeds through the red light and almost hit him. He whacked his hand against the side of her van. He then continues to walk up our street to home. The bimbo apparently does a u-turn and comes back, pulls up outside our house, gets out and absolutely freaks on my husband. She was going postal, I come out and see what is happening and go back and get pen and paper and write down her license number. She then gets back in van and takes off squealing. I phoned police, they come and take statement and her plate number and asked if we would testify - da ya of course. 2 neighbours also said same thing.

At the time of day that this happened, this particular crosswalk is constantly being activated by a lot of little kids on their way home from school. I hope she kills herself without taking anyone with her.

Reply to
Jan

Marky,

No, I didn't get a plate number or ID Number it happened to quick.

I bet if I go back to that street another day I would see the truck but it could be a different one or even a different driver.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Sounds like you better stay home.

Too dangerous driving in Chicago.

Reply to
Scott

When my dad worked for the PO they had assigned routes...including city routes. They should know who ran that route (based on street addresses) that day.

I'd call and complain.

Reply to
Drumstick
12 seconds on the horn? You should have been able to stop from 100 MPH in that time. Having read your previous post about a driving experience, I have to wonder if it might have something to do with your driving.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan