Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1997 Sunfire Starter Wiring
I know it's a dumb mistake but... When we removed the starter and replaced it on our Sunfire, I lost the paper I had that told me where the three wires connect to the starter and solenoid. Where do...
4
4

97 Grand Am High Idle problem and repair people say theres no problem???
I have a 1997 Grand Am SE 3.1L V6 and for the past couple of months whenever I crank the car up after it has been sitting for either a day or two, or sometimes if it has been sitting for just a few...
10
10

Where is thermostat on a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am?
I need to know where the thermostat is located on a Pontiac Grand Am. I?ve been told to follow the hose from the top of the radiator to the engine and that?s where it?d be. But the only hose that I...
4
4

Pontiac Grand Prix Repair & Maintenance Guides (3800 Series II 3.8L S/C V6)
I compiled a list of all the repair and maintenance guides I've made over the years from working on my now 10 year old 2001 GM Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the Eaton M90 supercharged 3800 Series II 3.8...
1
1

97-03 Grand Prix High Mount Third Brake Light Bulb Replacement Guide
One of the two third brake light bulbs or "high mount stop lamps" on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP burned out recently. I finally got around to replacing it. I took pictures of the process and...

91 Bonneville SSE 3.8 Fuel Filter location Help...
1. I have a hard time starting my Bonneville after it sits along time, I know its not good to pump the gas before and while starting but thats the only way it'll start. Now after I get it running, it...
6
6

pontiac 400 american blue block
i have this motor (1975?) the 400 and i am putting it into my 86 cutlass supreme. The engine has the high perfomance heads 6x, the guy figures about 320 horse. But i want this engine to to be mean,...

1999 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door theft system? Help?
We got a used 1999 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door a month ago. It was not sold with a theft deterrent system. However, when we start it, the word THEFT appears in red on the dashboard with all the other...
8
8

head bolt torque specifications for 1992 2.0L pontiac sunbird
does anyone know the proper torque and torque sequence for 1992 2.0 liter head bolts and the intake & exhaust bolt torque specifications.
1
1

2004 Grand Prix Stalling
My wife has a 2004 Grand Prix GT2 with the 3800 series III normally aspirated engine (approx. 23K miles). With increasing frequency, it has begun stalling immediately after being started (usually when...
3
3

1992 Pontiac Sunbird PCV Valve Location
Can anyone please advise the location of the PCV Valve on this Pontiac Sunbird Convertible 1992 3.1 engine? Thanks!
1
1

1995 Pontiac Transport Random, Won't start or turn over
I have a 1995 Pontiac transport van with the V-6 3.8 liter engine and Automatic transmission. I've started having it at random times deside it's not going to start. You turn the ignition key and it...
6
6

High idle on 84 trans am
this car idles high in park, neutral and drive. Sometimes the idle is perfect, but most of the time when u start it, it idles high and when u put it in gear u must have ur foot on the brake because of...
10
10

ac delco r45ts spark plugs or r43ts
I have a 86 Grand prix with 305 v8 and I am going to replace my spark plugs. I went to autozone to get the plugs and they gave me ac delco r43ts spark plugs, but when i was looking through the haynes...
4
4

AC Delco 41-921 Spark Plugs
My 2000 Pontiac GP with a 3.8 L, normally aspirated engine came equipped with AC type 41-921 platinum-tipped spark plugs that were supposed to last 100,000 miles. At 41,000 miles I got a "Check Engine...
1
1

Remove exhaust donut gasket residue? (2023 Update)
I'm trying to replace the donut gasket on our 2008 Pontiac Vibe (rebadged Toyota Matrix) -- the donut at the connection between the pipe connected to the resonator and the pipe connected to the...
2
2

2000 grand prix gtp tcs and abs light stays on when switch is off
just bought this car and shortlly after the tcs will not turn on but the abs light is on all the time along with the low coolant light. It will not let me turn the tcs on but when i bought it all that...
3
3

Grand Am 1995 - How many freeze plugs on a 3.1 V6 engine?
Due to a lack of maintenance on my part the freeze plug on the rear of the engine had to be replaced. It cost me $700 to replace a $1 part. The mechanic had to lower the tranny to get to it so there...
2
2

RPO Codes for Pontiac Grand Prix (2023 Update)
I found all but 6 RPO codes on my build sheet for my 1986 Grand Prix. The codes are P37, STE, T1H, 7NU, 8TU, 9TU. If anybody knows what these codes mean please post or email the description to me....
4
4

86 trans am will turn over but not fire
i just bought a 86 trans am from someone for 300 bucks.. no rust.. great shape except a few dents.. it just wont start. will turn over fine. what is the first thing you guys would check.. should i...
7
7