Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wipers don't work in delay or slow speed, sometimes
My Pontiac 2000 Grand Prix wipers work intermiently. They sometimes won't operate in delay mode, and at other times not in slow mode. They always work in fast speed. The problem first started when...

2005 ponitac air bag issue
Hi there, My air bag light came on about 2 years ago and the car is not on the list of a problem. It's a 2005 Bonnie with 78k on it, other than that the car is fine. The bag came on after a night of...

1992 richard petty grand prix rims
I am in need of one 1992 Richard Petty Grand Prix rim - blue with silver - have the car, never wrecked and only a little over 20,000 miles, not hardly a blimish on it but someone curbed it and ruined...

1951 Pontiac Silver Dollar Money Clip
Know anyone who is crazy about Pontiacs??? (I mean REAL Crazy) Check this out... Pontiac Silver Dollar Money Clip. (Encased Advertising Silver Dollar) Has Red Enamel backed "Chief Pontiac" profile...

neutral safety switch problem ,maybe??
okay i am starting to get confused about something i thought i was on the right track on,94 prix(3.4) with automatic shift in floor consule, am getting a (prndl) trouble code and car has developed a...
2
2

Pontiac Grand Prix Alternator Replacement Guide - GM 3800 Series II S/C 3.8L
I recently had to change the OEM alternator on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I'm sure most of you could swap an alternator out in your sleep but I took pictures of the process and wrote up a quick...
2
2

2.5 Iron Duke; Timing gears or timing chain?
Well, this is my problem... My 2.5 is rattling badly, and it's coming from the timing cover. Also, until recently there was a metallic knocking coming from the cover. Now the cover is leaking oil,...
1
1

Question about unscrewing radiator petcock on 94 GP?
Not wanting to break the plastic petcock I need to ask...what type of design is it? Is it a traditional CCW screw-all-the-way-out type or just a 1/4-turn type valve? I was getting ready to drain the...
2
2

1988 Firebird headlight motor problem
I have just installed two remanufactured Cardone headlamp motors part nos. 49-101 and 49-102 on my 1988 Pontiac Firebird 2.8 L V-6. Right and left side right side is working properly. However, the...
1
1

92 Grand Am Starts and wont stay running
Hi; I have a 92 Grand Am that starts right up during cranking. As soon as I allow the key to move to the run position, it stalls out. It will only run in the cranking oosition. It is very simular to...
3
3

421 piston question
I have a 64 421 that's been rebuilt once in it's life. It has 30 over pistons with the part number L2189. Anyone know where i can find the specs on this piston? I'm thinking it's an old sealed power...
8
8

Pontiac Firebird Turn Signals
Hi all, Have a strange problem. A little while ago, the turn indicator on the passenger side (right beside the door) burnt out. When I replaced it, the right turn signal no longer cycles. All the...

1998 Pontiac Montana Van, Problems, Defects and Repairs.
Hi All, I just purchased a used Montana will low mileage. I'm interested in hearing all the problems, Defects and Repairs!!!
2
2

Losing Antifreeze somewhere
Hello, My wife has a 2003 Grand Am V6. About every two months or so, her low coolant light comes on the dash. I fill the coolant container up and it lasts for another two months. I have looked all...
7
7

2002 pontiac grand prix
Doe anyone have shop manual for 2002 pontiac grand prix GT? can anyone post it here? or GM shop manual CD????
2
2

97 Grandam..How do I remove the Driver AirBag?
They is 2 screws behind the steering wheel, I assume this releases the airbag....is this correct...any tricks I need to know to remove and replace it. I need to replace the whole airbag because my...
1
1

151 Iron Duke
Hello all. I've got a 151 (non-crossflow head) circa 1977 engine with a Holley/Weber 5210c. It is NOT in the original vehicle. I had the engine block worked over bore .040 over, new pisons etc and had...
1
1

help with front end noise
Help please- car is 02 Bonneville SSEi, I have a noise that sounds like it coming from the left front, the best way I can think of to describe it is that it sounds like a 4 wheel drive truck that has...
1
1

Question about the Vibe and Pontiac
Hello all, I am seriously considering buying a 2007 Vibe, and have a few questions. is it true that Toyota manufactures the motor/mechanical insides of the car? Or did Toyota simply design it? I read...
12
12

'95 pontiac Grand Prix-theft deterrent relay problem
Hi can anyone help me ,I have a problem starting this car it will start sometimes, but when sitting for a while it will not. I have changed the starter motor, but it still does the same thing. It has...
2
2