Best Rated threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

fuse panel location
Is the fuse panel on a 1990 6000 under the dash. I see a panel with two screws holding it, is it under there? TIA. Matt
3
3

1988 Grand Prix 2.8L... start/stalling problem
Hey all. Here's a question for you... New (to me) 1988 Grand Prix 2.8L... When I got it home, it started and ran cleanly, though there was a small hole in the gas line. This has been fixed, new gas...
5
5

Synthetic Oil - Huge Marketing SCAM ??
Comments please. After having a few root beers with the boys last night, a few of them mechanically knowledgeable (definately not me though), a few sober thoughts abound. *** Is syhthetic and semi...
24
24

Fiero has no power
Bought a used ?85 Fiero, I drove it home, about 60 miles with no problems. I parked it and didn?t touch it all winter. Eight months later I tried to start it but it had no power. I took the battery...
2
2

2000 bonneville power windows not working
Tried searching forum, but no hits on this. Anyone know about the wiring to the driver side door control panel? Drivers side windows do not work. Passengers side does. Drivers switch can work the...
7
7

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT / Toyota Matrix XRS Gearbox Rattle
I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT and am experiencing a manual transmission problem. I have noticed a rattling/grinding noise coming from the gearbox that began at approximately 13k miles. The noise...
1
1

1969 Grand Prix SJ - Rear End GEAR RATIO Options
I am rebuilding the rear end of my 69 GP model SJ, 428ci w/TH400 automatic. Does anyone know what gear ratio options there were this year or any resources I could take a look at? Thanks in advance,...
1
1

Pontiac Block Size (vs SBC/BBC)? (2023 Update)
Hi all, Got a quick question. How do Pontiac V-8 engine blocks compare to small block/big block Chevrolets? The question points out that I'm familiar with Chevy and have never worked with Pontiacs...
9
9

2001 Pontiac grand prix gtp (2023 Update)
OK, my car just completely shut down while driving.. tried to put in neutral and restart and it didn't. I have no power what so ever to it. No dash lights, nothing.. the ignition switch will not turn...
1
1

Wipers only work at high speed.
The wipers on my 2000 Grand Prix usually only work at high speed. They sometimes will function at slow speed or in delay mode. They also will not always park. Any ideas? Thank you.
1
1

1994 Firefly turns over but won't start....help
1994 firefly cranks but won't start. Wonder if fuel filter or fuel pump issues? Please suggest a fix.
1
1

Montana brakes: how long should they last?
I have an '05 Montana. At about 40,000 mi. (60,000 km) there were bad passenger-side pulsations from the brakes and all parts were replaced under warranty (something about a known problem involving...
1
1

99 Sunfire GT knocking sound
Tonight after exiting the hiway I noticed a knocking sound coming from the engine. It increases with revs with trany in neutral. I have no loss of power or any other performance difference. Does...

1999 Pontiac GTP Shudders and stalls around 4000 rpm
I just bought this car thinking it was a great deal. It has 152,000 miles on it, but ran great. I?ve never seen a car with this many miles so clean and run so smooth. No knocks, ticks, nothing. I...
3
3

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP-idle problem
Hello, I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I will start by mentioning that the car had been sitting for a year before I started driving it regularly again. I've been driving it for about seven...
1
1

2004 Grand Prix GT2 Onstar non-responding
Looking for some help here, we just bought a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 with the Monsoon sound system upgrade (including XM-radio) and Onstar, however, the Onstar seems to be non-responsive. I tried...
6
6

Pontiac Montana running lights keep flashing
I have a 2001 Pontiac Montana and the exterior running lights keep flashing. It doesn't matter if the car is off or on. They flash 3 times and then pause for about 20 seconds then do it again. Any...
2
2

Looking for firing order for 1976 Pontiac
I am looking for the firing order for a 1976 through 1992? 400 8 cyl. Motor is in 1985 Olds. body not stock motor. hei. system. Thank you
2
2

2002 Pontiac Aztec rear hatch
My rear hatch will not open with a key from the out side or by the hatch release button from within the car. Any suggestions short of destroying the hatch?
3
3

Head Gasket Problem, '02 Pontiac Grand Prix
I'm currently attending college in upstate New York, about 200 miles from my home (and my regular mechanic). During the past week or two, I would occasionally smell antifreeze after parking my car (a...
7
7