hard shifts on '00 GPs

My 2000 GTP has started experiencing quite "clunky" shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd under moderate acceleration. I read some where that this is a known issue with some Gm transmission mated to the 3800s and the fix is to replace the shift solenoid under a recall notice. Has anyone come across this or know anything about it?

Reply to
<seashelld

Well, I had mine twice in the shop. Both times they took the entire transmission apart and ended up replacing seals which helped each time for about 10k miles. Now I have it again, but no warranty.

I would be interested to hear more about the recall.

Reply to
frank

Reply to
*Zoe*