Monsoon Stereo Problem

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT with a Monsoon Stereo in it. I bought the car used and the rear factory speakers are blown and sound horrible. I asked for new speakers for christmas telling everyone that they are 6x9's. I got some Rockford Fosgates and went to put them in and ran into some trouble. The factory speakers have 2 inputs on them. One for the sub and one for the tweeter. The Rockford Fosgates just have one input. I tried to use the factory harness and just plug in one of the right and left channels into the new speakers and that only powered the tweeters and was really quiet. So I figured I needed an aftermarket harness also. I called Crutchfield and ordered one. When it came, it didnt fit my car. It was made for rear speakers with just the one input and like I said earlier, mine have 2. Now I am stuck and have no clue what to do. Does anyone understand what I am talking about, this is rather hard to explain. Can I wire the speakers myself with a little cutting and soldering and lots of electrical tape? Can I buy speakers that are like the factory ones without going factory? Someone please help.

Reply to
s4v46e

just use the wires for the mids, cut and soldier, or if you want both, buy a set of componets

Reply to
M.C. Tee