Window lift motor mounting

Ok, got a window motor for my '95 Trans Sport. Riveted the regulator back on to the new motor. However, the rivets that need to go through the door to mount the whole thing in place are too big for my rivet gun.

So, is my only option to go buy a rivet gun that will fit, or can I just bolt the thing on? If I can get it mounted, then I'm totally done with the installation.

Reply to
TravisS155

Yes you can just bolt it on .... as long as your bolts don't interfere with the operation of the regulator. You may want to try and install them from the inside so the nut and any extra length of the bolt is on the outside. You may have to drill the holes out to fit a 1/4" bolt.... it's been a long time since I've done those so I can't remember if the rivet hole is large enough to fit the bolt. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey

You should be able to just bolt it on. Be sure all your electrical connections are good.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S

Thank you (and Tom). That's what I'll do - get some bolts, maybe a little thread lock, and not worry about it.

This has been a real pain. And to top it off, I had the window in place, everything lined up inside - all the holes were right-on... then I went to put the rivet in my rivet gun and the rivet wouldn't fit. Talk about frustrated! So, I just left it for the day, and Wed. I'll find some bolts.

Thanks again for the help, guys. I appreciate it.

Reply to
TravisS155