Latest threads in Pontiac Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A/C Issue on 95' Gran Prix
My girlfriends car just started doing this: If she is Idle the AC blows out full blast fine, nice and cold. However if she accelerates at all almost all circulation from 75 vents stop, once she lets...
1
1

1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE sedan question
I have a 1994 Pontiac Sunbird LE sedan, 4cyl. I was driving on the highway going about 60 mph and my car acted like it was running out of gas or not getting any gas, although it had gas. It lost power...
1
1

1998 pontic bonneville
i was sitting at a red light and my car just stopped i replaced the heads ,head gaskets and it still does the same thing
4
4

1996 Bonneville question
Group- I have a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville, bought recently, with 52,000 original miles, and clean as a whistle. My only problem is that the light indicator does not show the time of day or the radio...
3
3

Fan only works on highest and one below
I have an Alero, which is a pretty cheap car, and I now have a problem with the interior fan for heating and a/c. Seems as though the blower will only work on the 4th and 5th position, but not on the...
3
3

88 Sunbird Front Brake Pads
I just replaced rotors and pads on my 88 Sunbird 2.0 A/T outer pads on both sides were worn completely out,inner pads like new,only one piston this normal?I thought they should wear down close to the...
2
2

Vibe:Replacing Rear Brake Shoes?
I?m about to do the rear brakes and was wondering if anyone knew if I?d need any special tools? Is there anything unusual behind the drum?
1
1

Can the Idler pulley on the tensioner be replaced - 98 Grand Prix 3.8
Have a question on the pulley that is part of the tensioner. Can I just replace the pulley and leave the tensioner alone? I called Advanced Auto Parts and they said they have just the pulley. Just...
2
2

3.4 timing belt replacement
some advice would be greatly appreciated , i have replaced the timing belt on my 3.4 dohc engine(94 grand prix)and having the old belt break all timing points were lost,thier is no valve damage(thank...
10
10

WTB: MAF for '99 Grand Prix 3.8
I am looking for a reasonably priced Mass Air Flow sensor and Belt Tensioner Assembly.
1
1

99 grand am brake noise
I have had a brake noise on the front left wheel on my grand am for ever. I have had the brakes replaced, then turned, and inspected by my dealer 4 times. The noise still continues. The dealer tells...
2
2

98 GrandPrix GTP AC "issue"
My 98 Grand Prix started blowing heated air when the AC is on the other day. The clutch on the compressor is wroking and the line leading into the evaproator (core) is getting icy cold (so the AC...
13
13

push button start
I want to put a push button on my 88 grand prix so when you turn the ignition to the on position you can press the button to start the car, because the ignition is worn out and its an old beater car....

Key stuck in ignition on Pontiac Bonneville 1996
It's 96, automatic transmission. The key doesn't go into "Lock" position, it stays in off position. It is a spare key. I'm sure the transmission is in parking position (otherwise the car would roll...
3
3

Question
I am looking at a 1967 LeMans Convertible this wekend and am trying to research websites or news groups before I comit to this vehicle. Specifcally I'm looking for information on the differences...