Creating a MacPrius

Someone has gotten a Mac mini to work with his Prius's touch screen!
http://www.kusnetz.net/prius /

--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://macconsult.com/cafepress/ Net Junkie and Mac-themed shirts etc.
Mike Rosenberg wrote:

That is some piece of work. Wow.

Do you have to push "I agree with Mac Enthusiasts" to use it?
Bill wrote:

What exactly is a Mac Enthusiast, anyway? Someone who likes Apple branded hardware but without an Intel chip?

If it works with Usenet, browses the 'net, sends/receives mail, processes words and processes numbers I could care less who makes it. To me, a Mac enthusiast is someone who despises Bill Gates for reasons unknown.
beernuts asked:

Bill wrote:

Nope. Doesn't have anything to do with Bill Gates directly or personally. Doesn't have anything to do with computer hardware, either; it's all about software. A Machead is a person who uses the Mac OS and Microsoft Windows and who knows that one of them is a far superior to the other.
Davoud OS 10.4.6 & XP Pro/SP 2
--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

What about the people who despise Bill Gates for known and stated reasons? ;-)
But seriously, I know plenty of Mac enthusiasts who don't care about Mr. Gates one way or another and quite a few Windows enthusiasts who can't stand him.
--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://macconsult.com/cafepress/ Net Junkie and Mac-themed shirts etc.

It's really too bad personalities enter into it. From my perspective, having started on computers in 1958, both Jobs and Gates get an A+ for moving the machines into our homes. I credit Gates with having the wisdom to put MSDOS on clones, thereby making the PC affordable to millions, if not a billion people. I credit Jobs for producing quality hardware and software and doing such a bang-up job on graphics.
To those who begrudge Gates for the monopoly achieved by giving people precisely what they wanted, I ask that they look at what he is doing with the derived wealth. Had Jobs sacrificed performance for price early-on, one can only wonder what he would have done with those billions.
Mike Rosenberg wrote:

He's out of the picture soon anyway, as he'll be taking on his charity org full-time. Real terrible guy...

I'd say it's someone who likes the Mac OS. The new Intel Macs are no different from a user standpoint than the PowerPC Macs they're replacing, unless you desperately need to run old software.
--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://macconsult.com/cafepress/ Net Junkie and Mac-themed shirts etc.
Mike Rosenberg wrote:

Yeah, exactly. Not only that, the underpinnings of the O.S. is anything but "Mac", it's Unix wrapped up in a sexy GUI. I have a powerbook, and an Ipod, and I have PCs. Whatever works for ya...
Mike Rosenberg wrote:

beernuts replied:

Bill asked:

Sorry, Macheads only. Windows users, move along. There's nothin' to see here but creativity. No video poker...
Davoud
--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com