Creating a MacPrius

Someone has gotten a Mac mini to work with his Prius's touch screen!

Mike Rosenberg

That is some piece of work. Wow.

Reply to
beernuts

Do you have to push "I agree with Mac Enthusiasts" to use it?

Reply to
Bill

What exactly is a Mac Enthusiast, anyway? Someone who likes Apple branded hardware but without an Intel chip?

Reply to
beernuts

If it works with Usenet, browses the 'net, sends/receives mail, processes words and processes numbers I could care less who makes it. To me, a Mac enthusiast is someone who despises Bill Gates for reasons unknown.

Reply to
Bill

beernuts replied:

Bill asked:

Sorry, Macheads only. Windows users, move along. There's nothin' to see here but creativity. No video poker...

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

I'd say it's someone who likes the Mac OS. The new Intel Macs are no different from a user standpoint than the PowerPC Macs they're replacing, unless you desperately need to run old software.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

beernuts asked:

Nope. Doesn't have anything to do with Bill Gates directly or personally. Doesn't have anything to do with computer hardware, either; it's all about software. A Machead is a person who uses the Mac OS and Microsoft Windows and who knows that one of them is a far superior to the other.

Davoud OS 10.4.6 & XP Pro/SP 2

Reply to
Davoud

What about the people who despise Bill Gates for known and stated reasons? ;-)

But seriously, I know plenty of Mac enthusiasts who don't care about Mr. Gates one way or another and quite a few Windows enthusiasts who can't stand him.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

It's really too bad personalities enter into it. From my perspective, having started on computers in 1958, both Jobs and Gates get an A+ for moving the machines into our homes. I credit Gates with having the wisdom to put MSDOS on clones, thereby making the PC affordable to millions, if not a billion people. I credit Jobs for producing quality hardware and software and doing such a bang-up job on graphics.

To those who begrudge Gates for the monopoly achieved by giving people precisely what they wanted, I ask that they look at what he is doing with the derived wealth. Had Jobs sacrificed performance for price early-on, one can only wonder what he would have done with those billions.

Reply to
Bill

Yeah, exactly. Not only that, the underpinnings of the O.S. is anything but "Mac", it's Unix wrapped up in a sexy GUI. I have a powerbook, and an Ipod, and I have PCs. Whatever works for ya...

Reply to
beernuts

He's out of the picture soon anyway, as he'll be taking on his charity org full-time. Real terrible guy...

Reply to
beernuts