9^3 SportCombi

A quasi-hatchback/wagon has returned to the Saab lineup...

Rumor has it that the V6 will also make it into the 9^3 SportSedan for 2006.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Awesome! They brought back Studebaker's "Hill Holder" and called it "Hill Start Assist."

Reply to
saabyurk

Is this where I post a polite "I told you so" to all the people who whined that "Saab is killing the hatchback!" a couple years ago? Because, well, I did...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This looks somewhat like the Mazda 6 wagon. Does GM own Mazda and are they re-badging it, like they did with the Saaburu 9-2/WRX?

The article also said this would be a GM V6. If the past is a predictor of the future . . .

Reply to
ma_twain

ma_twain wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Mazda is owned by Ford. They make nice, reliable economy cars. I had a 1990

323 (hatchback version of the Protege) that was the most trouble-free car I've ever owned. Had it for 9 years, 140,000 miles. Was horrible to it, never got it serviced. It just kept going like a big blue Energizer bunny.
Reply to
Laura K

Nope..neither Mazda nor Subaru had any part in this whatsoever (thankfully!). It's really a hatch/fastback/wagon remake of the existing

9^3 SS line.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

According to press releases the V6 _will_ be used in the 9-3 SportSedan and the 9-3 Convertible

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

I bet they borrowed the technology from Subaru again.

Reply to
Dima