Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel smell in cabin '88 Saab 900
I have replaced the fuel sending unit and the seal mounted in the top of the fuel tank. Still get strong gas smell from rear trunk area. Have had had Saab shop use hydrocarbon sniffer and can not...
6
6

c900 inner driver size change?
OK, so I'm replacing the left CV/driveshaft on my '85 Saab 900. Got the old one out without too much swearing and no blood. New one won't go in; turns out the outer races of the 3 needle bearings are...
7
7

1986 900 warm start running rich...
I've got an '86 900, 2.0 liter naturally aspirated. When I have a warm start situation (car sitting for a short time, hasn't cooled down fully), it runs very rich when I first start out. What I'm...
6
6

Saab 9000Turbo out of hybernation
Recently bought a 1988 Saab 9000 Turbo from a friend and the car had been sitting on his driveway for a couple of years although it ran quite well before he stored it. I want to prep up the car prior...
1
1

engine swap 9000
hello there, just after some help ive got a 95 saab griffin 9000 3.0i v6. I want to put the engine in my 92 saab 9000 2 ltr lpt turbo, has anyone tried this. Is the gear box the same as they are both...
10
10

19" wheels for SAAB Viggen?
Hi, I have a 9-3 viggen... right now it has 17" wheels... can I get 19" wheels on it? What are the negatives and positives of doing so? Thanks Lyle
15
15

SRS error code-B1227
The SRS(airbag) light stayed on after I started the engine of my SAAB'97 SE last week. Today I sent the car to the dealership and had it checked. The error code they told me is B1227 - the SRS light...
1
1

K-Jetronic
Hello Saab owners! Could someone please help me with a CIS query? Has anyone got any details of what pressures the early saab turbos run at and what the fuel system pressure and control pressures are...
9
9

93 9000 Stock Amplifier Replacement
The stock amplifier in my 1993 9000 CSE died a while back. At least, that's what I presumed to have happened. The radio and CD players still turn on and when the volume is cranked to it's highest you...
11
11

89 Saab 900 Error code readout
My 89 Saab 900 is acting up and I need to do a read-out of the fault codes. I need someone to describe the proper hookup for wiring of the readout switch to the four wire connector under the rear...
2
2

9000 (1997, 2.0 LPT) Radio Removed
Hi, Following from my previous post I have managed to remove the radio. Before I start some real work (too hot here) if anyone has one of them you please tell what is on the removable fascia. There is...
4
4

CAN i run a BLOW OFF VALVE safely??????
IF I run a atmospheric blow off valve instead of a recycling diverter valve on my 1990 saab 9000 cd 2.0 turbo will it not run as well? will the check engine light appear? has someone done this and can...
9
9

radio codes
how many diffierent codes are there for a 1995 saab 900s radio with tape combined ? I don't have the code and am wondering if there are to many variations or just a few. thanks in advance Shaun
2
2

converting conventional points ignition to hall-effect in c900 - possible?
Hi everyone, I'm looking at figuring out what's involved to replace the conventional points ignition currently in my 1983 900S (8V, n/a, auto box) with hall-effect breakerless ignition as featured in...
4
4

Help needed! 900s or 900 se?
Hello, I'm shopping for my first second hand saab and looking for a convertible (I'm a woman!), and don't know the difference between the 900s and the 900se. Looking at 1996/1997 models. Non turbo....
28
28

Removing Steering wheel with an airbag on '90 900
Does anyone know the procedure for removing the airbag-equipped steering wheel on a 1990 Saab 900. The manual just says to let the dealer do it because of the safety issues. I need to repair my...
5
5

9-5 Aero 2001 - Rotor size
Hi, what is the size of the front and rear rotors on a USA Saab 9-5 Aero 2001? Thanks!
2
2

Saab engine cuts out
I have a Saab 900 se covertible and the engine keeps cutting out. The information I have is as follows: 1) when I go to start the car, some times the dashboard lights do not come on. All the electrics...
6
6

Saab 9-5 brake life expectancy
I took my relatively new 2003 9-5 in for 20k service and the service manager said the front brake pads need replacing. He noted this is a wear item and not covered by the normal 50k warranty - $300!...
6
6

Saab 9000 CSE 96 Serpentine Belt change
Need help / explaination on how to change the serpentine belt on this vehicle. Do not want to pay saab 200.00. Just need to understand how to release/adjust tensionor arm. Thanks. Also, would like to...
7
7