Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

900S shimmy
My 1995 900S has had a noticeable (but not quite objectionable) shimmy starting around 55 mph or so. It tends to be worse at certain speeds; by cruising slower or faster it almost disappears. It is...
4
4

9000 Heater fan fuse??
Just had to replace my heater control "wire resistor module". Classic problem - fan only worked on high. The module ( easier to reach than anticipated) had a bad "thermal fuse"widget. Couldnt find a...

2000 9-3 rough idle at start
Hi, My wife's car, a 2000 9-3 convertable 2.0l, idles extremely rough at start for about 60 seconds and then it smooths out. I know nothing about Saab, but do my own maintenance on my vehicles. This...
6
6

Saab 9k 2.3 oil pressure
A year or so ago I posted that I'd lost all oil pressure (whilst the car was parked- was fine on previous trip and no pressure next time I started it). I changed the oil pump rotor and primed with...
7
7

Fuel consumption figures computer wrong
You're complaining about it being out by 1.5 litre in 100km?! Wow, that's pretty close.
37
37

Intercooler heatsoak, and peak boost lower.......
Well, after being stuck in traffic for 15mins, and the rad fan kicking in, then getting free onto a nice dual carriageway, I noticed the boost gauge isn't boosting quite so high as it was 2 weeks ago....
14
14

B202/B234 compatibility
Hi, what are the main difference between the B202 and the B234 engine? as far as i know, in the head just the 2 balance shafts, but i could also take them out and have the oil lines for the plugged...
4
4

2003 saab 9-3 D.T.E Display problem
After the last two gas fill-ups, I noticed the D.T.E. (distance to empty) display shows 120 miles to empty. The only thing different was I tried a half tank of 87 octane gas. What could be the problem...

2 questions: "washy" steering and overtones
This is two seperate issues The biggest problem, is that my steering has gone loose on me. Its one of those things where i started noticing a month ago, but could always write it off to something -...
5
5

NGK Spark Plug Question
What is the difference between NGK BCP5EV, NGK BCP6EV and NGK BCP7EV ? I have a 91 900S 16V non-turbo. The car currently has BCP6EV's. How do I know which one is right ? The car is completely stock....
15
15

SAAB - Dentists, Architects and Graphic Designers...
For all you TV watchers in the UK - Hope you all saw Jeremy Clarkson last night talking about the Dentist, Architect and Graphic designer SAAB drivers, the ones that when asked why they chose SAAB...
9
9

Nokia hands free - Bluetooth
I have a Nokia 6310i so it seemed obvious to fit the Nokia CK-1W (update of CARK112) Bluetooth kit to my UK Saab 9-5 (late 1998). I have read various installation instructions online. Those that came...
2
2

Coolant leak from Heater Matrix may have screwed up my 9k
It wasnt the DI unit after all ! Starting problems persist. It looks like the ongoing coolant leak from the heater matrix. I spent this evening cleaning coolant from the circuitry of of the SRS...
5
5

9-3 Boost problem /solenoid valve?
Hi all, I need your guess on a diagnosis: Car is 1999 9-3 SE 200hp. Acceleration is sluggish, turbo gauge indicates half way into yellow, at max throttle in 3rd, 4th, 5th, between 2000 and 5000 rpm...
4
4

Turn the "Shift up" light off?
I own a '99 Saab 9-5 (4cyl manual). I fell in love with in a year ago, bought it used from the dealership. But like any good love story, theres always something. In this case, its the "shift up"...
11
11

Fuel cut off valve on saab 9.3s convertable
Hi all Can anyone tell me where to find the Fuel cut off valve on my 1999 SAAB 9-3s, convertable. I am told by 'someone who knows', that this has tripped and that's why it wont start. Thanks for the...
9
9

OK to mix 195/60/R15 and 195/65 R 15 91V tires?
I have a 1992 Saab 900 convertible turbo. Is it Ok to have 195/60/R15 tires on the back, and 195/65/R15 tires on the front? I have a chance to get four new Pirelli tires, but they don't match. I...
10
10

OBD-II Protocol for Saabs
Does anyone know which OBD-II protocol do the 2002 - 2006 Saab 9-5 use? I think there are about 2 -3 protocols out there and I also know that the Saab 9-3's (all) and 9-7 have the CAN protocol but not...

handbrake adjust (c900)
Hi, I recently replaced the rear brake pads/rotors in my 1992 900. This was my first attempt at brake work, and I think it went generally well. A couple questions though: 1. The handbrake doesn't...
11
11

94 9000: How do I access the relays behind the fuse panel?
I have a 1994 9000CSE and need to replace the turn signal relay. It is located somewhere behind the fuse panel above the passenger side floor / below the passenger airbag. I am completely stumped as...
11
11