Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

problem starting Saab diesel after running out of fuel
I foolishly ran out of fuel in Saab 9-5 3.0TiD yesterday 10 miles from home (the display showed I still had enough fuel for 30 miles). An insurance company man brought me 10 liters of fuel and it took...
11
11

Heated seat ? How much power do they use ?
I do love the heated seats in my 9000 but with few longer journeys at present to recharge the battery properly, I'm a little concerned about the battery charge level if I use them a lot. Does anyone...
10
10

SAAB 9-3 CD Player Problems
6 months ago I bought a SAAB 9-3 Convertible, only 72000 miles on the clock. Nice car, the first SAAB I have ever driven. I have no regrets. However, recently I have begun experiencing problems with...
8
8

URGENT HELP NEEDED 9-5 Oil Light on but plenty of oil?
Just test drove a 9-5, (1999 9-5 S) when she warmed up the oil light came on with a "bing!" Now I clearly don't want to buy it if there's a problem, but there's plenty of oil in it and no nasty...
15
15

saab 9000 best model year / best configuration ?
it is often said that the true queen of saab is 9000 series, dunno if that's true but, if so, i am after one and ; which model year is best ? and which engine and configuration is best? comments...
9
9

Temperature gauge
Hi, I'd appreciate any advice on the following problem which has recently come up on my 1998 9-5 saloon SE eco-urbo 2.3ltr. 91k miles. After only a few minutes driving the temperature gauge steadily...
12
12

Brake bleed nipples broken off, now what?
Hello all, when installing new brake hoses I found that both front bleed nipples were broken off on the calipers. I dont really like to do all the work to replace them... any ideas for bleeding...
10
10

04 Saab 9-3 battery flat, Locked out! How do I get in?
The car has been standing for 12 months in a domestic garage. I last ran the engine up about six months ago. The car doors and boot are locked. I now need to sell the car but the battery is absolutely...
2
2

Saab x'mas e-cards
Hello My Friends, X'mas time is coming again! Time really flies, right? I've just finished with 2 Saab X'mas E-cards, they are ready for download. Also, the X'mas themed Dec calendar wallpapers are...

9-5 theft alarm
My alarm system needs new batteries and there are some good posts on how to replace them however my unit does not have screws to open it up. There were a few posts from others that ran into this issue...
1
1

Saab 9-5 ignition cassette has failed again
The ignition cassette in my 2000 Saab 9-5 has failed for a second time. When the ignition cassette failed the first time GM insisted that my car was not covered by the government recall. Any chance I...
9
9

'03 Saab 9-3 radio maxi fuse?
Hi, My radio is no longer functional - there may have been water spilled inside the car which caused a short. I've checked the fuse at the end of the dash (F12?) and it seemed good but replaced it...
2
2

9-3 Aero 2006 rattle
I have a rattle from under the car/behind the engine that only rattles when I take my foot of the throttle. It sounds like a bangle round a pipe. It's not a lose exhaust clamp, or a loose heat sheild....
13
13

Poor vacuum and rough idling on 1992 C900 LPT (Lucas CU)
Hi guys - I really need some insight into an ongoing problem with our 1992 900 LPT convertible. We have a low vacuum reading and a rough idle which is really really bugging me. The car is an LPT, so...

Saab 9000 accessing the relays
It's getting chilly again and I thought it might be time to investigate my non-functional heated rear screen and mirrors. An obvious suspect would be the timed relay. The Haynes manual talks of...
7
7

saab 9000 coolant loss
My wife has been driving 96 saab 9000 for last couple of weeks while I've been away... I've noticed a coolant wet patch under car where she has been parking... but also inside front footwells some...
4
4

Intermittent engine vibration
I have a 1995 900S with an intermittent engine vibration. It appears to be related only to engine speed and it comes and goes. Here are my observations: 1. I notice the vibration mainly through the...
12
12

96 9000CS - Whining sound from Automatic Trans.
Good morning, My 1996 9000CS has developed a whining sound that is coming from the Automatic Transmission. The car has 176000km, the transmission is original. I know these cars have some auto trans....
5
5

Engine revving up and down (Saab 9000 CSE 5spd)
I am having idling trouble. The engine is revving up and down. I have checked the hoses, they seem to be okay. What is the deal????
3
3

error code 420, 20009-5 wagon
I just bought a used 2000 9-5 wagon, after the first long drive we had an engine light icon show up on the dash. Diagnosis by the defaler was error message 420, what does this message mean? Thanks in...
2
2