Disable Wipers

Saab 9000 1994 CSE Is it possible to disable the front and rear screen wiping when the ignition is switched on?

Reply to
DP

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question, but your wipers should not normally engage when you switch on the ignition - unless the control stock on the steering column is being moved to allow access to the starter or was left in the on position at last shutdown.

I'm guessing that you have a relay circling the drain somewhere.

Reply to
Dexter J

The wipers should not do anything when the ignition is switched on unless you left the wipers turned on.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Do you never want the wipers to work ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Turn off the wiper switches if no fix Ban the children from the front of the car if no fix Locate and fix the electrical problem

or am I misunderstanding the question?

(I bet Laura could fix it quick smart...!) Cheers

Reply to
hippo

"hippo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Don't know about that one. I did fix the problem with my ACC only having the heat on and not the AC (when it was 90 degrees out!) by cleaning out the inside temp sensing thing in the control panel with a toothpick -- got a lot of lint out -- and cleaning off with water the sensor thing on the dashboard. Now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the headlights. I've got the replacement lights. Got the instructions. But can't get the #$%(* wire thing that holds them into the socket off. It's supposed to lift to the side and come down but this one isn't budging. Tips appreciated. 1997 Saab 900SE Talladega.

PS: The Pirelli Pzero tires are wonderful. Best rain/wet pavement tires I've ever had on a car and excellent on dry.

Reply to
Laura K