Looks like I'm going to pick a 9000 Aero tomorrow.

johannes (johannes ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Quite a few.

See, one just there...

Reply to
Adrian

Gearbox was replaced 3k ago by Richard Elliott (Saabtec and SOC tech=20 officer), he has done the maintenance for at least the last two owners.

It was bought from him by the last owner as a stop gap until he=20 emigrated, and Richard offered to buy it back for =A3900 if it didn't sell= =20 through ebay before he left.

Did a 93 have TCS? I've wanted one for a while just for the seats.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

I don't know whether they are galvanised or not, but the rust on the car is very localised, and it doesn't look like bad accident repair as the wheel arch trim is very straight and very well fitted and the paint match over the area is very good.

Reply to
Elder

From the horse's mouth: I had a Fiat Croma CHT for 10 year, not such bad car, but not in the same league as my Saab 9000. The cars have really nothing in common. The doors superficially look alike, but would never fit. There is a world of difference. Both cars are 2.0L cars. Fiat Croma only 1153 Kg; like a modern supermini! Sure it helps the performance, but the Croma felt floppy, whereas the Saab feels 'flat' on the road whatever direction you point it at.

Reply to
johannes

We had a 1994 NG900 until we swapped it out for a 97 9000 Anni a couple of years back. I have to say the NG900 was the most reliable, and rust free vehicle we've ever owned.

Al

Reply to
Al

Whoa, nice one. I like the wheels on this, and the colour. So you decided toforget about the 9-5 then?

Reply to
Nel Frikandel

Yes, fuel figures without the fun isn't my cup of earl grey. I didn't expect to find even a scruffy aero at the price I got it for. They are some bits of rust on the rear left wheel arch and some slightly rusty chips on the roof. There is a bit of play in one of the mounts too, so the stick jumps arround a little, but it was good enough to pass the mot, so it will do for while until I work out if there are any other more major faults.

Reply to
Elder