HERE YOU GO Re: Foreign buyer doesn't want to see car?!!?!?

Hey folks,

> >As many of you know, I'm selling my car. I have advertised on local internet >sites and in the local papers. Well, today I get an email from somebody >called David Murphy, probably an alias or another person's email account. > >Anyway, here is his initial email to me about my car: > >"Hello seller, > mr name is David Murphy,i am very intrested in buying your 1996 Ford >Mustang GT-S which i belived you will also intrested by sale it for me,i jut >want you to tell me the final price you will sale it for me and the present >conditon of it so i will able to go further about the details of the >payment,Mean while i will carter for the shippement and also pay you by >satisfy check.Thanks waiting to hear from you. >David." > >All fine and dandy. Obviously he ain't from around here. Sounds like he's >ready to buy it immediately! I think, "COOL, awesome!" So I write a detailed >description about the car and everything that is wrong with it. And I give >my price, $6300. Then he writes back: > >"I'm so glad to read from you. and I do really appreciated your explanation >over condition of this handmade Shamray Tele and am okay with the price , >Pls can I have the (Name that will appear on the check,and your location >that the check will be mail to also your phone number)Becos i'm travel today >on bible crusade and i will back on monday...To let you know that I will >instruct my legitimate bushop mate to send a cashier cheque of $9,000 which >will be drawn in U.S funds.You >have to deduct your payment which is $6,300 and the remaining balance >should be send to my shipping agent that will come down your location for >the pick up after you have taking it to any bank for verification and >cash it .my shipper now come to your destination and also to sign all the >necessary document that is require to sign...Meanwhile my shipper will need >tis money to make every neccessary arrangement document before they trip for >the pick up...And the funds will be send to then via WESTERN UNION after >you cash the check in your bank.Hope this is very clear...I shall be >greatful if you can get back immediately and proceed on this transaction >immediately. Thanks for your co-operation. > David" > >Now...I'm really anxious to sell my car, but I gotta wonder what kind of >person buys a car sight unseen? Especially a 1996 GT. LOL! Obviously the guy >has money, why my car? I suppose it's going over seas to Europe or maybe >it's going to be used as a car bomb in Iraq, whatever, I don't care! I'm >just concerned about the possibility of this being a scam. > >I know my bank must have a way of verifying the check this person sends. >I've heard of checks clearing, only later determined to be falsified. > >I asked him where he was from, but he did not answer me. I also gave him my >phone number, but yet he asks for it again. Hm... > >So I gotta admit I'm a little nervous about this transaction. Forget that I >made the mistake of asking too little for my car. LOL! I can live with that. >The whole thing just stinks of rotten eggs. The possibility of this being a >scam immediately came to my mind. > >Where did he hear about my car? Or better yet, again, WHY my car? I live in >hicksville California! Maybe he does this for a living? Buys cheapy American >cars and sells them for big bucks in his country. Who knows! > >Haven't shown this to my husband yet, but I told him about it. He said, "Let >him send the check!" LOL I don't know, I guess I've nothing to lose by >accepting it. It's not as if I will send the car before I have the cash. > >Whatcha all think? > >Cindy > >

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

sounds like a scam to me...he dont know you and he is giving u 9G's. why wouldnt he just send u the money and send the other money to his shippers???? But tell him to send a check and go from there.

Its funny to read this becuase I was trying to get scammed by a someone over seas. I was in the market for a HDTV Projector. The one I wanted was the SharpVision10000. This is a $11,000 projector and I saw it on Ebay for $2500.00. I couldnt believe it so of course I bid on it. I lost the bid but I got an emial about 1 hour after it ended saying the high bidder backed out and if I wanted it I could have it. I told him , of course I want it. He gave me his name and stuff and phone number. He said he was out of the country visiting family so if I could send the money WESTERN UNION and gave me all this info. he said to trust me put it in someones name of your choice but tell me the name so I can verify you sent the money. Then when you get the projector u can release the money in my name. Kinda weird now. So I said well I will put a password on it cause I knew something was up now. he said , wont work in that country;-) So I said well I'm in the AF and I'm going TDY so can I just pick it up. Finally over the weekend he emailed back and said I just left and now Im over in another country but I brought the projector cause I knew you still wanted it. So I said, Oh dont worry I will come there, I get free HOPS just give me your address. i didnt hear back from him after that. Go figure. Come to find out he had an Americans Account, i contacted the winner and he said he went through exactly what I did and decided to call the seller. The "seller" was some guy in Oklahoma that only used Ebay one time about two years ago. He said he was never selling anything!!! So we contacted EBAY and they found about

5 other people doing this with these projectors and banned all thes accounts, they were legit acconts just stolen from people overseas trying to do a scam.

Bryan

"V'ger" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Bryan S. Moore

I think I would definately accept the check to a PO box. LOL and let the sender sweat from there.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]