My 900 Needs a Cup Holder

Certainly would explain its rarity in the UK though. No Tauruses ever over here.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Got a link? I'd like to read that study.

Well, I've also seen studies done using fMRI (Functional MRI - maps brain activity graphically) showing that if someone is a regular coffee drinker, that their brain activity in the occipital and parietal lobes is decreased if they're deprived of their addictive substance, while when they get up to their usual dose, the brain function is about equal to a non-addicted person.

So, in other words, maybe you _don't_ want me driving without my morning coffee, since those two parts of the brain are used for vision and hearing...

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

How about the same car called a "Mercury Sable"?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Care to site your sources?

Another Kenny Chesney tune, perhaps?

I work at an agency that receives most of its funding from federal tax dollars (and most of the rest from state tax dollars). We have a coffee maker (no free Starbucks, thought). I'm not much of a coffee drinker, though, so I bring iced tea or pop.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

What do you call them? The only other term I can think of would be something like cabin (or cab) lights.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

There were 3 that drop into a spare DIN unit that's usually empty unless you have an expensive stereo install.

I didn't look at the URLs but I use a mid-90s Ford part combo cupholder/coin tray that fits into a DIN slot. My last one was $5 at the local self serve wreaking yard. Phil Brown

Reply to
philcycles

None of them either. About the only US models in the UK are Chryslers, Notably Jeep and Voyager.

Gaham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

They're called interior lights here - 'cos they light up the interior I guess ;-) Then of course there's the map reading light too.

The individual rear lights selectable by the passengers in a 9000 ( don't know about other models ) also tend to be called reading lights.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Have to pretty much agree with you here. It's almost unheard of for me to drink while driving - certainly not on a demanding road - I just wouldn't feel safe. I even ask passenegers to be quiet whilst negotiating roundabouts and the like - any distraction is a bad thing. For years I didn't even like in car audio for much the same reason.

There's a case of a woman who was successfullt prosecuted here in the UK for drinking from a mineral water bottle whilst moving in a traffic queue. A bit over the top perhaps - but you're meant to be concentrating on your driving when you're driving.

I'm amazed really that ppl mare allowed to smoke whilst driving. Not only is it a clear distraction but it's a drug too !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Tried caffeine tablets ? They don't even make you want to pee unlike colas. This is the popular brand in the UK

I find them *very* helpful when stuck in jams and want to nod off.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

a nap AND drinking 2 cups of coffee provides a short term solution.

Reply to
ma_twain

I have tried tablets but they make me jittery. I like sodas. That way if the caffeine doesn't keep me awake, the need to pee will.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --