Radio code

Hi,

I recently had the alternator break down in my 1995 saab 900 which caused the battery to completley drain. After the alternator was fixed and the battery re-charged I realized that the stock clarion radio wasn't working. There is a code 5626 that comes up when I try and turn the radio on. I believe that there is a code that I have to enter but I have long since lost it. Does anyone know if there is someone I can get in touch with who can get me this code? Is there a way to by pass this control?

Thanks, manish

Reply to
Manish Srivastava

You dont say where you are from, but if from UK, just call or take the car to an auto elecrtician. Look in Yellow Pages for one that decodes radios There are PLENTY about

HTH

Teleman

Reply to
Teleman

Manish,

Have you tried the code 5626?

Just want to make sure we don't overlook the obvious here.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Pull the radio and get the radio serial number and radio type number (PU number, should be PU9716 I think). Any Saab dealer can get you the correct radio code. If you have entered the wrong code more than 3 times, you will have to leave the radio on for 1 hour. You will then be able to enter the code.

Good luck, Steve

Reply to
Scrowe

There may be an admin charge to discover the original code though. Only possible if it's definitely original fit - my '94 Saab 9000 has a Saab badged unit - can't comment about Clarion.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear