Saab 9000CSE Fuel Sending Unit

Can anyone tell me how to get to the fuel sending unit for a 9000CSE. I thought I could access the tank from the spare well, but that area seems to be welded.

Thank

Reply to
Paul

Ok I've found how to get to the fuels sending unit.

The problems are

  1. I've snapped off the plastic nipple fitting for the return line. I've got a replacement but have no idea how I'll stretch the plastic hose over the fitting.

  1. I can't budge the fastening ring that holds the unit it. I've made 2 tools to turn it, both have failed.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Paul

Been there got the t-shirt ;( I used some araldite. It lasted about 2 weeks before it started leaking. Ended up talking to the guys at the local dealer who lent me the proper tool and it was still a pig to do.

I made a tool using a portable vice and the brackets from an old tv stand. Worked a treat.

Reply to
Adrian England